Have you ever been at The Grove – Farmers Market in the evening and wanted breakfast? Well, go check out Charlie’s Coffee Shop located at The Grove in the Farmers Market area, far back towards the end, near the restrooms…west patio. (T) and I are always looking for some sweet bread options and Charlie’s is what we found.
“OMG I want a pancake too. I can’t sit here and watch you eat that,” I explained to (T).
She patiently waited while I put the orders in for the two of us. And don’t get us wrong guys, you can order anything from breakfast served all day to burgers and fries. We just prefer breakfast.
What I enjoy is that the food is cooked to order. And if you come at a certain time during the season you can catch a small live band perform, while eating your food outside in the food court. This (F.O.) spot has been apart of The Farmers Market for some time and you’ll continue to catch a relative behind the counter. Sadly enough I did not order their french toast of which they’re known for. Nonetheless, it gives me an excuse to return.
“Should we get another one?” The pathetic questions we dare to ask. Instead we slowly ate our yummy cakes and engaged in humorous conversation. So again, if needing breakfast and near The Grove, hit up Charlie’s.
Oh and don’t forget to get your parking validated.
Customer Service ***
2 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Lightly grease pan/griddle with oil or butter.
- Combine and stir first 5 ingredients
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, buttermilk, and oil
- Began to heat pan/griddle
- Next add the flour mixture into the egg mixture until moistened.
- Pour batter onto hot greased pan while making small circles to create your pancake.
- Cook pancake until multiple bubbles form and edges are golden, then flip it to the other side with spatula.