Kelly O’s Diner is a (F.O.) diner offering two locations for breakfast and brunch. This one in particular is located in the Strip District (downtown Pittsburgh) built around a great back story.
A widowed single mother who was a bartender and waitress for years. Frustrated with her current situation, prayed for a change for her children and personal lifestyle. After coming across a blessing to move forward, two locations later – this family business is running strong.
I enjoy hearing stories of faith, success and perseverance.
(photo credit: Leslie)
Well, as always, I’m forever seeking out great places to break bread. Kelly O’s was mentioned. “Hmm what’s on their menu?” of course curious. There’s everything from the breakfast basics such as pancakes to grilled items like steak and omelettes. Everyone seemed eager to eat, I’m lucky a photo was even captured.
The entire meal consisted of their Steak & Eggs with potatoes and texas toast, Cinnamon raisin french toast with sausage on the side. Sometimes you just have to get it in…with no regrets. And why should there be? We all know why we’re here – to chow down!!!
I asked (L) what she thought, “Everything’s 💯% good. Fast and friendly service and the food is great!” And there you have it people.
Amenities (parking, location, seating, menu selections, etc) **
Customer Service (greeted, helpful, polite, checking-in, etc) ***
Experience (themed, music, atmosphere, energy, etc) ***
To keep the food going, I’ll leave you with some steak & egg recipes. Consider making some for dad!
Molasses Grilled Rib-Eye Steak
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup course-grain dijon mustard (mustard with mustard grains in it)
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 (10 oz) boneless rib-eye steaks
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Create marinade by combining first three ingredients in bowl or large zip-lock bag
- Add steaks and chill for 2 hours
- Remove steaks, discard marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Grill covered over medium-high heat for 6 minuets on each side or when you believe it’s done. I prefer mine well done so I’d grill a little longer.
- You can consider grilling in the pan on top of stove as well.
- I’d also consider adding green peppers and onions for additional flavor 🙂
2 tablespoons of milk
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Sprinkle of pepper to taste
1 teaspoon of butter
- Warm the frying pan/skillet on medium heat, adding the teaspoon of butter
- Once butter is melted, combine first four ingredients into the pan, slowly stirring to scramble the eggs. Offer seconds of rest in between for the eggs to curdle
- Once eggs have thickened, yet still moist, remove from heat and serve
HAPPY FATHERS DAY