Sweet Red Peach is a local (B.O. & F.O.) bakery in Inglewood, CA. I’ve tried them a few times. What I appreciate besides their “about us/start-up story” are their variety of items from cakes, cupcakes to cobblers. If I had to critique anything it would be their frosting tend to be a bit too sweet instead of flavorful, which leads me to wiping half of it off. Besides that, the customer service is always great, good prices, friendly and again enough selection to pick from.
Out of this playful bunch my favorite was the chocolate with chocolate and caramel topping featured to the left. I’m not into nuts so I flicked them off <chuckle>, but still was a joy to have.
Sometimes I want to dive in and copy things that I’ve come across or purchased, but other times, I have no time. Therefor, below I listed a quick box version of this cupcake.
Box Chocolate Cupcakes
1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
1 box of chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sour cream (optional)
- Mix all the above ingredients
- Line 2 cupcake pans with cupcake liners
- Fill each liner with about 1/4 cup of cake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until done
- Remove from oven, and set aside to cool off.
- Using homemade or store bought frosting, pipe your topping onto your cupcake.
- Drizzle chocolate along the top, break off pieces of caramel to insert and then sprinkle with chopped nuts
Consider using a 1M tip if piping.
Amenities (parking, location, seating, menu selections, etc) ***
Customer Service (greeted, helpful, polite, checking-in, etc) ***
Experience (themed, music, atmosphere, energy, etc) ***