Oh how I would love arriving to work with someone having the wonderful nerve to bring a cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes <huge happy sigh>. I’ve only seemed to have tried their carrot cake and WOW it is FREAKING AMAZING!!! A little too much icing for me, but still delicious. Funny, it’s the only flavor people seem to have brought in, unless I missed something. Please do try one!
They’ve been on my ‘Need To Eat It’ list. Super cute, moist, tasty and come in four sizes, Bundtinis (mini bite-size), Bundtlets (miniature) and Bundts (regular sizes in 8 & 10″).
“Oh my gosh, who brought in another, Nothing Bundt Cake cake?” I yelled in the office.
Now, this only means I need to learn how to make one. I’m going carrot crazy and I love it.
The Eagle was sweet enough to grab a carrot cake from the grocery store while running errands. Is it as tasty as NBC? We’ll see in the next hour or so.
Until then, here’s a carrot cake recipe we can play with. Anyone know of any awesome carrot cake recipes I should try?
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups shredded carrots
8 ounces drained, crushed pineapple
1 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
Garnish with cream cheese frosting and toasted coconut
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9×13 pan or bundt.
- In bowl sift flour and add in powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, mix both sugars and oil then slowly add eggs.
- Next add in the zest, vanilla into the sugar/egg mixture until fluffy.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture, then add carrots, pineapples and walnuts.
- Spoon into cake pan, bake for 35 minuets, allow to cool, then frost.
- or as I would simply say, “cook it, cool it, frost it, eat it” 🙂
Due to always experiencing this brand through other sources, I am unable to rate its cost, cleaniness of location, service and amenities.